UA-73785673-1

Mould

Mould

Mould is unhealthy, unsightly and can be damaging to your home. Mould is a tell tale sign of excessive moisture in an area. The leading causes of excessive moisture in a home are from Kitchens, Bathrooms and Laundries. The other area that effects our living space is a damp Sub-floor space.

Aleta Industries has been dealing with damp sub-floor areas for many years, and by having good cross flow or a combination of vents and a fan system in a sub-floor helps reduce dampness in your living space.

The Cycle of mould is very easy to understand, firstly you need the right conditions for mould to grow, mould needs food and moisture. The food is any organic matter and the moisture is from humidity and dampness. The food source can be very small dust particles, that build up on a moist surface, when an airborne mould spore lands on this ideal environment it starts to grow, and once established it starts to multiply by releasing spores into the air. These spores repeat the cycle as your problem increases.

Aleta Industries can help you become mould free, Call 02 9638 1633 for further information.


After completing a Mould Remediation course,  I realised that we were treating the cause but not eradicating the problem.

The methods taught for mould Remediation is to isolate the area completely, providing negative air pressure to the area and using HEPA filters on air scrubbers to remove any Mould spores during cleaning, all workers must gear up with disposable overalls, masks, gloves, googles and then safe to enter area. Mould is treated with various mould killing agents, walls ceilings washed down and the whole area Hepa Vacuumed. Any soft surface that has been damaged by mould is removed and discarded, plasterboard that has mould is generally stripped out. The process can be time consuming and expensive.  

Aleta Industries is treating mould with Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) which makes whole house and part house remediation affordable. Not only is it affordable it works, is less time consuming and less destructive. It can usually be done in 1 day, and as we have more than 1 machine, we can do two areas at once, saving time.

The Basics of Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2)

ClO2 has been used to disinfect drinking water since the 1920's. It kills bacteria such as coliform and legionella. Kills yeasts and virsus such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium.

ClO2 is used to sanitise Fruit and Vegetables. Kills bacteria and viruses and gives greater shelf life to products

ClO2 is used to wash and sanitise poultry products. In particular preventing salmonella

ClO2 is 2.6 times more powerful as an oxidising agent against moulds, viruses and bacteria than waterborne chlorine.

Once we have treated the area with ClO2 the mould and mould spores are dead, and normal cleaning practices can be used to clean off dead mould and mould spores. The cleaning is easier as the mould is dead and in most cases will wipe off easily as demonstrated in the before and after photos.

Where the mould has attacked the substrate of the material the damage will remain and will be visable, but no longer poses a threat.

The sooner mould is treated the less substrate damage will be done, if caught early enough there will be no permanent marking.

the above information has been written as a very basic guide on mould.

Click on the image below and you can see some before and after shots


Product Compare (0)


Mould Remediation
Mould Remediation single room
Showing 1 to 2 of 2 (1 Pages)